I get giddy when I figure out how to use a new technology and it seems like my work with Living in Luzern has me exploring new ways to connect with people every single day.
As Made with Joy is meant to be a blog helping others – I have a personal mandate to share knowledge when I discover a new technology that would benefit anyone who is trying to grow their cause or business. SO… here is my amazing Facebook – MailChimp top tip:
Before you start, make sure you have done the following:
- Make sure you are logged into your MailChimp Account.
- If you already have a MailChimp account and have set up your List’s Form the way you want it to look (If I have already lost you, then you probably need me to help you one on one, check out my Services page).
- Make sure you are logged into Facebook (with the account that you run your Facebook Page out of).
- Go to this URL: https://apps.facebook.com/mailchimp.
After clicking on the URL mentioned above (this is the MailChimp App in Facebook), you then follow the instructions:
- Click the ‘set up your form’ button. You will then be taken to the MailChimp Integrations Page.
- Select the Facebook Icon. It will say: Configure Page.
- Select the Facebook Page you want the Newsletter Sign-up to show up on.
- Select the List you want to use.
- Select Yes to ‘Use Signup Form Tab’.
- Choose your Form Theme (there is a Facebook one, which I like – the other option is simply your existing form).
- Give your Tab a name like: Newsletter Sign-up.
- Click Save.
- To see it on your Facebook Page, click ‘preview on Facebook Page’.
If you want to move the placement of the tab on your Facebook Page, then you need to click on the arrow to the right of your tabs:
Then select the edit button in the tab you want to move it to OR the plus sign (the edit button comes up when you hove your mouse over a tab that is already being used) – In the example below, I could replace my Twitter tab or I can add it to a new tab:
Et voila… you’ve done it! Facebook Likers can now sign up for your mailing list right from your Facebook Page. WOW.